Have had very swollen taste buds on tongue. Vitamin deficiency?

I have had very swollen taste buds all the way down the far back of. my tongue for about a year. not painful until i recently had a sinus headache that is gone now, some drainage. One year ago I was on flagyl and ever since then cannot get rid of these. My tongue now feels kinda sore off and on. Did go see my ENT and he said maybe a little yeast , and could be a vitamin deficinacy. Wanted to get another opinion, My dentist has seen these as well and he says its thrush that caused it, but my regular MD says no that there just inflammed. Please help, tired of trying to figure this out.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

The symptoms you have described are the features of chronic pharyngitis and the swollen taste bud like things are the enlarged lymphoid follicles present over the back of the tongue.

Chronic pharyngitis could be due to recurrent sinus infection and acid reflux from the stomach into the throat.

Treatment is aimed at controlling the cause. Drink plenty of warm water, do steam inhalation 3-4 times a day and use povidone iodine throat spray. I doubt any yeast infection.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon