Have had scabs for a long duration. What are the bumps around stitches?

Hello, several months ago I bumped my leg while doing some work and realized that I had scraped my leg I washed the wound but did not put a band-aid on it and after a few weeks this nice sized scab grew on my leg about the size of 2 nickles put together side by side where the wound is and for a long time now Ive had what I thought to be a scab that itches witch I understand to be a sign of healing but the scab will not peel at all I tried and I managed to peel some off but it will not peel as scab and it acctually grew back it dosen peel like its healed its seems a though its part of my skin in the way that if I peel it im literally skinning myself and its painful (if that makes sense) so Im not exactly sure if this needs to be surgecally removed to heal properly It doesnt seem to be infected there are no symptoms of it being infected in this manner it itches like crazy sometimes if I mess with it but Im concerned because I ve had this scab for a long time and it has little bumps around it and still itches but im not having any reactions at all with having this for as long as I have can you help me?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012