Have had flu. Getting sharp pain in head. How to get relief?

Hi. I had the flu Friday, and I was vomiting a lot. I don t know if that would have caused my problem or not. I have had a very sharp pain on my left side of my head inside. It s not really there if I m laying down flat, but if I sit up it hurts, and its really bad when I have to stand. It s so bad I have spent the last 2 days laying on the couch because I can t bear the pain to be upright. Tylenol doesn t help at all, and I don t want to look stupid if I go to the hospital for a headache . What would cause this? What can I do for relief of the pain?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013