Have endometriosis. Heavy bleeding, cramps, PMS. Taking birth control. Why is this happening?

hi. i have endometriosis. i have always had problems with my period but birth control has always helped. however, for about the past 8 months or so, I get bleeding during my third week of hormone pills, which is getting heavier, cramps and PMS and all, and then I get my regular period again during the time I take the inactive pills. I already saw my gyno, my birth control brand has been changed, it keeps happening and he has no clue. All he tell me is that it is rare. Why is this happening?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013