Have discharge along with bleeding and longer periods. Have IUD.Is IUD the cause?

Hello.. For the past few days I have had a dark maroon-ish discharge. No cramping or unusual side effects. I have had an IUD for at least 2years now (mirena). I had my period the very ending of march and i found myself still bleeding up til April 4th. Ever since I got the IUD my periods shortened to 3-4 days. So I started having this dark maroon discharge starting the 12th of this month. I've never seen such dark discharge ever... I have 3 kids so I'm aware of the different changes my body can go through if I'm pregnant. Is this because of the IUD?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013