Have deep laceration in leg. Had an accident earlier. Have liquid inside the stitches. Is this normal?

Hey doc, roughly a year ago i had a motorbike accident and have a deep laceration on the middle of my left quad. I've recently started training,did a legs workout and noticed theres liquid inside the wound and it just bulges out (where i got stitches) i was just wondering if this normal?? i've went to the doctors and they recommened i get a ultrasound but have to wait a week i was just curious if it could be fatal.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013