Have dark area on side of nose where it is Cauterized and is bleeding. Normal?

I am 65 years old. Through the years I have had some issues with nose bleeds . Recently I had several nose bleeds within a couple of weeks. Yesterday I had my left nostril cauterized, because this is where the nose bleeds occur. It was cauterized using silver nitrate . After the cauterization there appeared a dark area around the side of my nose. Last evening and this morning the area that was cauterized felt kind of hard and crusty. Anyway, I was picking at it a bit and my nose started bleeding again. Is this normal? I am going to speak with my doctor again on Monday about this. My nose started bleeding on the opposite side of the left nostril from where it was bleeding before. Thank you Allan Blostin
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013