Have constipation. Tried laxatives but it gives me cramps. Told its scar from appendix removal

For the past 3 weeks I have had many problems with constipation, I have tried laxatives but they just give me very painful cramps. 4 days ago I had to go to the hospital to have a liquid put into my anus so I could relieve myself. Now it is happening again, I haven't opened my bowels since then, I took more laxatives and am getting cramps again. A doctor told me that the scar tissue from my appendix removal could be a problem. I don't know what to do, going back to hospital for an operation is the last thing I want to do.
Please help
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013