Have blister groin area, itchy, uncomfortable. Wear harness, shaved pubic hair, monogamous relation

Hi there,
I noticed a small water blister in my groin area that later spread over the course of 4 days. The blisters (7-8 of them now) are about 1-3mm in diameter and not in clusters. They are not painful but are itchy and uncomfortable. I wear a harness at work and wonder if the sweat and dirty conditions are a contributing factor. I shaved my public area the day before and also wonder if perhaps an unclean razor is to blame. My wife and I are in a monogamous relationship so herpes should be out of the question, right?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013