Have apthous ulcers. Inner lips rough. Can this be an allergy?

I am a 50 y/o male. I have had apthous ulcers as long as I can remember. There had been a long span of time in which I had not had a breakout, but in the last few weeks, I have been suffering a major upheaval. The inner part of my lips feel rough to my tongue and the ulcers are very small and on the margin of the lip and mucous membrane . However, I have others on the side of my tongue and a very larger one on the floor of my mouth. Can this be some sort of allergy? Many thanks..
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012