Have amenorrhea. Done HCG beta. On duphaston. Help?

i am dr.eiman.bashir
from sudan
i want to ask you about a gyn problem
i am 30 yrs , i just married for 5 month +
i have amenorrhea for 3 + month
i did beta HCG before 20 days & it was -ve
my LH - TFT- RFT- CBC- were normal
my doctor (obst) prescribe duphaston 10mg bd
i complete it before 9 days & still my cycle is abscent
please help me
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
thanks for using health care magic

there are a few details without which it would really be difficult to comment. You talked of haven done B-HCG test before 20 days but you did not mention if it was 20 days after your last menses or after you did missed your period for the first time etc. Also, you did not mention when the other test where done.

However, i think you should reconsider doing another pregnancy test with a home pregnancy testing strip. If it turns out positive, then you are pregnant and if it turns out negative, you will need to see your gynecologist for evaluation for other possible causes of secondary amenorrhea such as polycystic ovarian syndrome etc.

Best regards
Dr Achuo