Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
Your symptoms seem to be indicative of an angular stomatitis
or a cheilitis
. This is a condition where there is soreness, cracking or peeling of the skin / mucosa in the corners of the moth / lips.
One of the common causes for this is vitamin deficiency
- specifically deficiency of the Vitamins B1 (Thiamine
) or Vitamin C
. I would suggest the following remedial measures:
- Take a multiviamin supplement - something which contains b-complex vitamins and vitamin c e.g. Becusoles Forte, Zincovit, etc.
- Keep applying a moisturizer solution frequently to prevent drying or cracking. You can use Vaseline or more specific lip gels like Zytee gel
- Eat a nutritious diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid stress as much as possible
Wish you all the best.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen