Does trimethoprim affect the efficacy of marvelon?

Hello. Does trimethoprim affect the efficacy of marvelon (21 tablets) when taken at the last three days of the pack?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: No effect on efficacy of Marvelon Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. You have not mentioned the reason for suspecting trimethoprim's effect on marvelon. The clarification on this may provide valuable information to me. Nevertheless, trimethoprim has NO direct or indirect effect on the efficacy or interaction with contraceptive pills. Please let me know if you have any problems on the last three days of marvelon. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal