Have a hard red lump below breast. Blood and pus came out after popping. What could be this?

i have a hard red lump right below my right breast , I thought it was a zit so I went to go pop it. when I did that nothing happened except I gave it a hole(like after you pop a zit) and it still stayed hard nd red. Tonight I decided to try and pop it again. First I picked the scab off it to make it easier if anything came out, than I started squeezing and a mixture of blood and pus came our. How did I get this infection? And how should i treat it?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013