Have UTI, prescribed premarin, vaginal insertion, after urinalysis and urine culture, pus and bacteria were found. Heeling time?

Thank you.
I have been going through severe UTI for the couple of mths, The gynaec prescribed me with antibiotics after seeing my urinalysis and urine culture, Pus cells 50-60 hpf and a few bacteria were found. Premarin cream to be applied at bed time and also vaginal insertion tablets for 3 days.
I am 62 yrs old and in spite of continuing with all the medicines for so long, I still have itching and throbbing pain and slight burning around my vulva. Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Oct 2013