Has eye inflammation, taking pred forte. Is there any effect of medicine on breast feeding?

Hello. My wife has an eye inflammation and has been prescribed Pred Forte. Our baby is nearly 4 month old and is breastfed as well as given formula milk. However, upon reading the unknown risk of using Pred Forte during breastfeeding , we have been questionning whether just to give our baby formula milk until her treatment is over. I can t find any information on possible substitutes to Pred Forte, so I hope that someone can advise. Thanks in advance for any feedback. (Worried new parents)
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012