Hardness, rough layer on the lip after surgery. Will this wear off or stay on?

hello , i got hit a week before while playing cricket. I had a surgery on my upper lips . Everything looks good after the surgery. The swelling is gone and i just have a scar and scab kind of thing on my upper lip. Its kind of hard and rough layer . I am wondering if this is going to be there or this will fall off as my injury get better healed ? ( the surgery was done on the red portion of upper lip , my vermilion border is still ok and have no stitches on it. . its just bruised )
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012