Hard reddish painful lump between scrotum and anus. Would heating pad help in reducing pain?

Hello, I have a pretty big hard red lump on my taint closer to my anus then my scrotum toward the left side. I have had it for about 3 days it was smaller then it got bigger and now it is smaller then it was yesterday. It hurts to touch it, it hurts to walk, stand up, close my legs, but it doesnt hurt when I use the restroom. I do not have the money to go to the doctor or I would of already gone, I would like to know what you think it is and if maybe heating pad would work to reduce it or whatever.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012