Hard lump has turned up on the spot of consistent soft lump on the shin, hurts occasionally. What could this be?

Hi, years ago I had a large sof lump on my upper shin, just below the knee . The doctors didn t know what it was. As Tim went by it grew and caused small stretch marks around it. It even had a yellow hue. It hurt to walk on it. They gave me antibacterials but it did nothing. Eventually it went down on its own. The whole process was about 3 months but pain lasted about an additional 2 months. It is completely gone except for a hard lump where it used to be, it s only noticeable if you rubbed the length of the shin. Every once in a while it hurts like it used to for about a day or two. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012