Hair turning gray, patch on back of head. Taking multivitamin and Omega3. Possibility of Vitiligo?

I m a 19 year old male and I noticed some of my hair turning gray about 4 months ago. I have one patch on the back of my head and two on the right side. I started looking on the top of my head and noticed random strands throughout my scalp . I did some research and attributed to a nutritional problem. For a little over two months now I have been taking a multivitamin and omega 3 supplement daily, as well as increasing my protein intake and exercising in hopes of improving circulation. I m now considering the possibility of vitiligo or some other condition. Would some be able to tell me what else might be the cause and if this is worth a doctor visit? I m not self-conscious about it, more like curious because it s pretty uncommon at such a young age. My friends and family also think it s bizarre.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013