Had whipple surgery for pancreatic cancer. Removed gall bladder. Loss of weight. Need a diet for weigh gain

So my mom has pancreatic cancer, she got whipple surgery done almost a year ago. They removed her gallbladder along with much of her digestive system. Since then her weight has been plummeting. and the fact that her stomach is much smaller makes it even harder for her to keep her weight up.

Our solution is obviously to have her eat the most high calorie foods possible, which means a high fat diet. (fat has twice the calories as carbs or protein). But I'm thinking this might be the wrong idea, because with no gallbladder, wont most (or all) of the fat go undigested? She's trying to gain weight and her body could be reacting like it's taking Orlistat diet pills.

I'm worried that Steatorrhea may be causing her to lose too much weight, and that a high fat diet is actually harmful to her health? any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013