Had two miscarriages. Is it ok to take progesteron tablets while I've conceived ?

Hi doctor, i have had miscarriage twice very early in my pregnancy 5/6 in uk they dont do any test until it happens 3 times. but i want to avoid it next time .I might be pregnant now as we were trying to conceive this month and my period is due next week. After reading loads of blogs and forum , i heard may be it is caused by low progesteron. Do you think its ok to take progesteron tablet if i find out im pregnant without consulting doctor as doctor in this country doesnt do anything until it happens 3 times. If there is no side effect , can i not take them ? please advice . Kind Regards
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012