Had surgery for tonsils and adenoids.Have Pain, itching and cough now. When will this recover?

Hi, i got my tonsils and adenoids removed exactly 13 days ago, including the days of the surgery. I went for my follow up with my doctor, he said all my scabs have fallen off but i do still have some of the white stuff in either side of my throat and my uvula is still swollen a little. I forgot to ask my doctor while i was there but is it normal to still have a cough and itchiness? Its very irritating and i just wanted to know when it will start to go away. Also, when will the pain go away when i swallow food?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013