What is the difference between Codiene and Co-Dydramadol?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, I am wondering, if you can explain a few things to me. 1) What is the difference between Codiene and Co-Dydramadol?? 2) I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and it is for past few days causing me a lot of pain and discomfort and I am feeling very neasua lately and I am also having pain in my lower back which I have never had as bad as it is lately! would I be right in thinking this is all connected? I am quite scared 3) When I bend over to lift one of the little ones up my lower tummy is extremely sore to the point it's hard not to cry with it, (I am a Foster sister Not my babies) its on the lower right hand side which is the side which the polycystic ovary. I have been very tired lately but I have put this down to the Fibromyalgia. My Gynacologist saw me about a 2 weeks ago and Prescribed me Metformin 500mg tablets which I am reluctant to start as the side effects I have read has really upset me and put me off especially the renal failure! I am unsure if I want to put this drug in my body, Is there likely to be anything that would happen by taking the Metformin ? or is it a case where the pros outweighs the cons? My gyneacologist started me on 500 mg once a day for a week then twice a aday for a week then three times a day.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Brief Answer: cut your medicines Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) Codeine is a medicine given for cough, pain and to sleep. Where as Co-dydramol is a combination of dihydrocodeine tartarate and paracetamol. This is mainly used as pain killer medicine. 2) Polycystic ovaries are pesnt on both sides. But your pain is on both sides. Hence i believe your pain is not associated with polycystic ovary in any way and there is no need to take metformin at all. Dont take it. 3) I advice you please consult another doctor for examination and ultrasound as i feel you are under wrong treatment with excessive medication. 4) Please see another physician who will reuce no. of medicines you are taking for Asthma and a surgeon to rule out appendicits pain which is occurring on right side. 5) So many medicines them selves migh be giving you gastritis and hence pain and tiredness. You are a healthy young woman with so many unnecessary medication. 6) From your list i suggest you stop Metformin, Fultium D3 and mebeverine. I see no need to increase pregabilin. Take medicines for asthma only if needed. 7) I presume you need psychiatric counselling for anxiety and depression and not so many medicines. 8) Start excercise programme and join a gym. You will feel better and relaxed. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist.