Had surgery 8years back for Hydrocephalus due to Tuberculosis meningitis. is it possible to remove shunt tubing ?

my younger brother age about 28 years has a surgery 8 years ago for Hydrocephalus due to Tuberculosis meningitis. a shunt (flexible tube) was placed within the brain to allow CSF to flow around the blocked area. , The shunt tubing travels to another part of the body, such as the abdomen . Now his condition is good, some times he is feeling weakness, body pain. Is it possible to remove the shunt tubing ?? please advise me?? nescoorganisation@yahoomail.com
Asked On : Sat, 11 Jun 2011