Had shingles. Had tanning done. Will it affect in any way? Treatment?

My mother has had shingles for two weeks now. They are clearing up and she was starting to feel better. She is planning a trip to Jamaica in a week and a half and thinks she needs a base tan. She went to a tanning bed a few times. She complains of a burning sensation where the healing rash is and yesterday felt terrible all day. I told her tanning and sun can bring the shingles back out. She said she covers up the rash with a tshirt when she tans. I told her uv rays can go through clothes. Can you please give us your thoughts. I told her she may not even be able to sit in the heat and sun in Jamaica. I just want her to be informed. By the way, she also has had malignant melanoma years ago. She thinks it's safer to get a base tan before she goes on vacations...otherwise she would burn without a base tan. I told her that makes no sense...she should not be in the sun at all. Either a booth or natural sun. They are both bad.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013