Itching and dark spots after using self-tanner. What can the hyperpigmentation be?

Hello... I am african american( light skin ) Used self tanner ALOT last summer and Xmas vacation stopped Using due to severe itching. Noticed couple area Darker ( small spots inner thigh ) now both inner Thighs are Covered with dark almost navy blue Spots that are spreading to inner knee and now Lower legs ! It looks like large bruises. But they do nit Hurt or itch . They seem to be along the vascular line. Like u can see veins underneath .. I stopped using the Tanning cream Around Xmas . Bathing suit. Season is here And now I can t be caught. Dead in my bikini. Saw pcp and He questioned hyperpigmentation have dermatology spot June 21. What can this be ? Killing my self confidence !
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012