Had paraguard put in back. Have irregular period. Had copper IUD. Explain

I had paraguard put in back in October of 2012. My periods have been irregular - I ll have my monthly period for a week, sometimes longer, and then a week later, spot for a week or so. And the odor is atrocious! I use feminine wipes everyday (sometimes more than once a day) and use a feminine deodorant spray, but the odor remains. How long does this typically go on and is it normal? I had a copper IUD that was in for 10 years (removed in 2011). I remember an odor at first, but I don t remember it hanging around this long or having the spotting that I m having now. I m 45 years old.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013