Had oral sex. Cold sore in mouth. Several red bumps at penis with tingling sensation. Is the virus transmitted?

My girlfriend and I had sex about ten days ago. Four days after having oral sex she got a cold sore on her mouth. She has these quite often, about once every two months. It's been a week since the cold sore started. I discovered this morning that I had several red bumps at the base of my penis, like a cluster. There is a tingling sensation in the clusters. Is it possible that she accidentally passed the virus on to me just before her cold sore showed up.
Thank you for any help.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013