Had myringology without tubes done on left ear, hearing muffled, hole in eardrum. Is this hearing loss temporary?

Hello I just recently had a myringology without tubes done on my left ear. Afterwards my hearing was much more muffled and worse than ti was before. Because there is a hole in the eardrum is this hearing loss temp.? The doctor sounded like I should have had BETTER hearing right after the procedure but I didn t. I heard that Tympanic membrane perforations take some time to heal and loss of normal hearing is common. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013