Had miscarriage. Bleeding not stopped. How long before trying for baby again?

I am a 27 year old settled in Bangalore, who got married in July last year. I conceived in December and had a non complicated 5 months pregnancy. I traveled to Delhi by air in April '13 on getting the go-ahead from my Doctor (Dr. Fatima Poonawala, Alfa Clinic). I experienced some cramps which grew progressively worse and on confusing them with fetal movements which I was supposed to feeling at that time I did not reach a gynecologist till it was too late. On 10th April I was informed that my uterus has already dilated 5 cm and nothing can be done to save the baby. My Fetal anomaly scan was scheduled for 2 days later and the last ultrasound was done in February. In March we had only heard the baby's heart beat through the Doppler.

Now I am completely at sea regarding the cause of the miscarriage and am very apprehensive with future pregnancies. My bleeding has not stopped till now though it is very scanty. Please answer the following questions:

1- What comprehensive tests should I undergo now?
2- When should these tests be done?
3- How long should I wait before trying again?
4- What specialist should I consult?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013