Had medical abortion. Started birth control. When should I expect period?

I had a medical abortion took first pill Feb 2nd at the Dr s office and took the second pill at home Feb 4th i went to the follow up and i passed the fetus . I started birth control the day of the follow up on Feb 14th. I started the brown pills yesterday and still havent gotten my period. I took a pregnancy test today and it was positive. She said i may need a D&C because i still have stuff in my uterus . When should i expect my period and why is the pregnancy test still positive? Should i go back to the dr?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013