Had lump on calf which has gone but left the area discolored. Cause and cure?

Last May my former husband broke into my home in bipolar mania. As i ran from the house, I twisted my left ankle and right knee . For a month it hurt terribly, and since then has had off and on swelling . Three months ago I noticed a painful lump below my calf , it was hot, then turned red/violet. I went to a local clinic, and the dr said it may be lupus , or a broken blood vessel . I did not go back because of intense court proceedings. Now the lump is gone and color normal, however, there is a lump in front of the calf, which has gone down but left a discolored area as was behind my calf. I hesitate to go back to the dr right now, because of the turbulence in dealing with the domestic situation. What could this be with my leg? Should I go back to the dr ASAP? My ankle is very swollen.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013