Had ischemic colitis, stopped birth control pills. Does IUD affect colon?

I had ischemic colitis 2 years ago and almost lost halp my colon and the doctors took me off birth control pills stating this could of been the cause. They also stated I should never take the hermone treatment again. I asked my family doctor about the Mirana IUD or Depo Shot and she said she would strongly recommend I do not use. My gyncolgest said that they are wrong it does not effect the colon because it is progestrogen not estrogen. I am 54 going through pari menopause . Last month I had a period for 21 days Gynacolgist call her if more that 21 days end of last month through this month is 35 days of a period now. Called the doctor she still thinks I am wrong and there is nothing she can do for me other than a hysterctomy.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012