Had hysterectomy. Do I have moderate amount of free fluid in the cul de sac?

I had a hysterectomy in 2004 and kept my ovaries. I am 56. Due to abnormal findings on my left ovary , I was sent to a gyn/cancer specialist and have continued with follow up ultrasounds. The most recent one showed a moderate amount of free fluid in the cul de sac. I received a phone call from the ARNP which stated if I had symptoms, to make an appointment. I did and was shocked when the doctor examined me and told me my report was not normal. Immediately she set me for a CT scan with contrast of my abdomen and pelvis which showed no significant free fluid in my abdomen or pelvis. Once again I received a call from the ARNP stating all was okay and I requested a report as stated above. I am a bit confused about the initial findings and perhaps because I am a nurse, I may be reading too much into this. Do you think another transvaginal ultrasound may be an option as well as a CA 125? I feel lost!
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  127 Awaiting Answer