Had high blood sugar. Taken glyciphage. Sugar level normal. Am I out of diabetic?

hi. my diabetes is under control without medication . so much so, i wonder if i have (had?) diabetes. A1c (HbA1c) is 5 when I checked about a fortnight ago. fasting and postprandial too have been consistently within the parameters of a non-diabetic. about five months ago tests showed high blood sugar and i was put on glyyciphage 500 mg twice a day. after a month i was told to discontinue the medication based on tests. since then i have been maintaining a low (no) sugar diet and pacing my 3 meals to 6 times a day, exercising 30-45 mins a day. Am i still considered diabetic or am i out of it? tx.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012