Had head injury surgery, taKing Eptoin, headache. Do i need to continue taking it and if so for how long?

My Dad recently has a surgery for Head injury with subdural haematoma After that he has been prescribed Eptoin which is an anti-epileptic drug. My dad had no history of epilepsy . He has been complaining of headache ever since which I now understand is one of many side effects of this drug. Why does he need to take this drug? Does he need to continue taking it and if so for how long? Thanks Anand
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013