Had head injury causing hemorrhage. Am I epileptic? How will I know?

I have had a head injury in 2006 which was sustained from falling from the top of a lorry landing on my crown causing a hemorage as blood from the wound seeped into the lining of my brain, cerabelllum and partly into the right top side, after 6months i had a mri and was cleared and after a year had rehabilitated and returned to work, only being left with a slightlly overactive mind / behaviour which was later diagnosed as bi polar. Ive always found my mind wondering off tho always put it down to daydreaming like anyone else. i had a absence then tonic clonic fit recently, before the fit i had a strong smell of cheese in my nose for several weeks which was there from morning till night,since then i find that sometimes i have a smell in my nose of strong cheese, the smell sometimes lasts for days during which i loose my colour and feel extremely tierd all the time, fail to concentrate and according to my partner repeatedly seem to drop into absence and if left the absence can last for up to 5 minutes tho fits do not always follow. my gp has booked me in to see a nerologist and have mri and eeg tho the appointment is not for several months so with advice from a nerologist suggested i take lamotrogine i have agreed to take and have started it 2weeks ago. I have several concerns...... 1. Am i epileptic? or is it possible the symtoms could be something else? I thought the smell would be momentary by other peoples accounts that is usually the case. 2. since taking lamotrogine my sleep has been disturbed, that disturbance being waking in rem from the early hours through to the morning? i missed the dose for one morning and the strong smell has returned and not gone away for 2 days tho i do not feel any other symtoms.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012