Had fell and hurt rib. Heard popping sound with pain. Have Bronchitis. Suggestions?

I fell 5 days ago and landed on my nightstand corner on my back left side and hurt my rib it hurt then but I thought I just bruised it yesterday it was really bothering me when I went to bed I pushed on it a little and it made a loud popping sound and intense pain I wentto urgent care they x-rayed it and said they think I just bruised it and gave me pain pills I also have Bronchitis the pain is really bad when I cough or do anything how come it made a popping sound and hurts worse now? any suggestions on what else to do I am icing it also.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013