Had depoprovera shots. Did not have periods for 7 months. Now having menstruation thrice in a month. Reason?

I am 28 years old and i had diagnosed having endometrial cyst , I was on laparoscopic surgery last March 22, 2012 and a month after I had my first normal menstration. Since my hushband is coming home from work abroad, i decided to have a shoot of depo povera contraceptive , then after the shot i notice small spoting, i go back to my OB gyne then she give me another shut of depovera. For 7 months time i dont have my menstruation , i only got blood spotting from time to time. Last December 25 to December 31,i had my heavy flow and i think that was my menstruation. But last January 3 my menstruation went back and it lasted until January 12, then again it went back after 6 days until now. Is this normal? Do i have hormonal imbalance? or does the contraceptive complicates me? Ms. July
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013