Had copper coil fitted, bleeding, painful period, dark brown discharge with blood. Suggest?

Hi, I had the 5yr copper coil fitted in october 2011 which resulted in break through bleeding between periods and much heavier, longer and more painful periods, eventually in the august of 2012 this coil fell out. I then had the 10yr copper coil fitted in October my cycle has settled down but my menstrual period pains are much more intense and continue longer through my period and the menstrual bleeding is dark brown and very clotted. Should I be concerned about anything?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013