Had constipation after surgery. Took medicines. Having little blood in stools. Reason?

I had surgery about 2 months ago about a month ago I started drinking smooth move ever few days because I was constipated. I then found myself taxing 1 senna tab every day for about a week. All in all I would say this lasted 3 weeks. 2 weeks ago I realized I had began taking them everyday to we re I stopped. I haven t had many symptoms of getting off of it but yesterday there was a little blood on my stool and today it s a darker color. I am going to make an appt with my doctor but taking the pills for such a short time did I do any real harm
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013