Had child, experiencing itching in later stages of pregnancy on legs, arms, back and bum, Cause and cure?

Hi, i have recently had my first child who is now 3 and a half months, i started experiencing itching in the later stages of my pregnancy on my legs, arms, back and bum, I went to getit checked out at the hospital and was advised that this was perfectly normal and i have nothing to worry about. However, ive given birth now and the itching is still occuring, my skin only begins to itch in the night and some nights is unbearable. I have tried numerous creams and tablets and nothing has worked so far. Could you advise me on what could possibly be the cause of this nuisance itching?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013