Had abortion due to no heartbeat of fetus. Why did heartbeat not develop?

Hello doctor , I got married in Dec 2011 and in this October i become pregnant . On 10th week of pregnancy I did scanning and came to know that NO HEARTBEAT detected for foetus . I was not having any bleeding or any signs of missed abortion . And doctor advised for abortion and D&C . Lastweek, I did abortion . I want to know why heart beat didn t developed? What is the reason for that ? Is the same will happen in my second pregnancy ? I did blood tests and scanning , and everything is normal in that. Doctor advised to do TORCH test after some days .
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012