Had a meniscus tear. Surgery removed a part of it. Having swelling. Given anti inflammatory. Treatment?

I had a meniscus tear in 3/11 and had surgery to remove part of it then again in 4/12 had tear on same side and opposite side meniscus and had surgery to remove part of it. Now here it is 2/13 and I still have major swelling of my knee if I stand or walk for long periods and sometimes even without long periods. Usually it swells over double normal size. I had a Baker s cyst on MRI in Jan. 12 but it was not removed. Doctor says I need to just live with it and take anti inflammatory medication .
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013