Had a blood transfusion after loss of blood due to abortion. Bruised IV incision site. Is it normal?

Hi, On Friday April 19th I had a late term abortion due to a personal reason. I lost too much blood, but had a blood transfusion right away. I am recovery perfectly fine, but I have one problem. My arm that had the iv's in (my right wrist) is very bruised and hurts a lot at night time when I sleep. It has been 8 days since the transfusion, so I was wondering if this is normal, and if I shouldn't worry about it. Please help me.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013