Had IUD in arm removed then recently put back, bleeding heavily, bloated, low energy. Is it normal?

I had the IUD in my arm removed then recently in Dec put back in. before my periods had stopped all together now i have been bleeding since december (it is now aprilf) heavy bleeding on and off almost 3 weeks out of the month. i am low on energy feel tired and always bloated is this my body trying to adjust to it again or is this normal? I called my OBGYN they said that is a normal side effect but i am unsure of this. thank you
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013