Gratification disorder, jerking, autism, sensory integration dysfunction. On melatonin. Related symptoms?

My 8 yr old grand daughter has just been diagnosed with Gratification disorder....since she was 12-18mths old she has been doing what we class as jerks is a series of movements using arms and legs whilst sat on the floor...these can last between 10 mins and an hour....she is also being investigated for autism ...although no one will diagnose, the lastest excuse is that they don t want her to go to them when she is 13 and ask why has she been diagnosed as autistic!!! she is on medication for sleep ( melatonin ....10 mg a night....(2x2mg immediate release and 2x3mg slow release) and also has Sensory Integration Dysfunction ....are all these related??
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012