Got prolonged period. Suggested to take etosys. Correct medication?

Hi, Usually i get my periods on 10th of every month but this january i got by 10th and also i again got my periods by 27th of the same month. The flow wasnt like how i normally get . it was very less and also was light. It prolonged till feb 12. then stopped. Again after a week gap now i have got the periods which started by feb 20. Its still there for me even today. My doctor suggested me to take ETOSYS. Is that good? What is the reson behind my frequent flow any this had never happened to me before. Please advice. I m just worried whats happening.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013