Got off ortho Evra. Had no menstruation. Wiped out blood after sex. Normal to bleed?

I turned 50 in September. In January I had my annual gyn exam. My gyn advised to no longer be on my birth control , Ortho Evra . I stopped and once I stopped taking the birth control, I had, surprisenly no more menstruation!!! Yet, this Sunday, after sex with my boyfriend, I wiped and found blood which as well stained my panty liner; nothing yesterday and again today. The bleeding is not heavy. So after approximately 5 months I m bleeding again. As per my gyn, which I spoke with yesterday, no worries; normal. As well no need to use any contraceptives. Why am I bleeding again? Is this normal?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012